Your Safety is Our Top Priority!!
Sheboygan has the luxury of being right on Lake Michigan. But with luxury there comes a few precautions. If you are traveling to or staying in Sheboygan there are a few things we want you to know about our beaches.
Start out safe!
- Deland Park has complimentary life-jackets available for little kids to use for the day. Simply return to the bin when done.
Watch the weather!
- If you see waves blowing over or on the piers, chances are they are too slippery and dangerous to walk on. We highly advise staying off the piers if the weather is bad or the surface is wet due to high waves.
- Riptides are powerful, channeled currents flowing away from shore. The key to breaking free from a rip tide is to swim parallel to shore until you are released from the tide’s current.
- At Deland Park there is a digital board that shows riptide conditions. It’s best not to swim in areas with high rip tide warnings.
- For more information on riptides click on the link below.
Be sure to program Sheboygan’s Coast Guard number into your phones: (920) 452-0346. Note that, in case of an emergency on the lake, response times for the Coast Guard can be faster than 911.
Other Related Posts
A rainy day shouldn’t keep you from having fun so pull out your umbrella and throw on your rain boots.
Preparing for a camping trip can be a lot of work – trying to remember every little detail is often overwhelming. There is nothing worse than staring at a packed car and saying, “I feel like we’re forgetting something.”
Summer is about surviving the heat. But even when it is in the 70’s and 80’s that doesn’t mean you can’t rock a super cute look! This packing guide can help you pack for any summer road trip you’ll take this year.